6 BENEFITS OF USING CRYPTOCURRENCIES INSTEAD OF FIATBy J.O. Paradise
6 BENEFITS OF USING CRYPTOCURRENCIES INSTEAD OF FIAT
With the current pace at which the development of cryptocurrencies is going, it makes perfect sense to have better understanding of its usage.
1. Easy access: According to a recent World Bank tweet, "by 2025, 8 billion people globally could have access to broadband and a smartphone", this is good news for crypto because with just a mobile device and internet connection, anyone can access and start using it. There's room for greater adoption of the blockchain technology because of its nature and medium of existence unlike what is prevalent in the conventional financial system; no need to have a business account or withdrawal software.
2. Absence of chargeback: In cryptocurrency transactions, once payments have been made, it's as good as done; you cannot chargeback; this considerably eliminates the chances of fraud, whereas in fiat, you can file chargebacks and reverse transactions already settled.
3. Fast and easy payments: Too many details aren't required to make crypto transactions, basically all you need is the receiver's wallet address and the amount you intend to send and in a matter of seconds (or a few minutes depending on the particular crypto) the receiving wallet is credited; due to the blockchain technology that Cryptos are based on, delays associated with third party approvals are non-existent; for traditional businesses, there are often hiccups and bottlenecks due to the plethora of middlemen each transaction has to go through.
4. Lower Fees: As expected, the presence of middlemen generates extra fees to be paid, this is one reason crypto transactions usually have lesser fees compared to fiat payments.
5. Zero Inflation: In the traditional setting, central banks can print out more money whenever they deem necessary causing the supply of the currency to increase and the value of the money already in circulation to depreciate. Cryptocurrency makes this absolutely impossible because, in advance, there's a limit to the amount of coins that can be in existence e.g. the total supply of bitcoin is 21 million, this means overtime, its value will rise as fiat supply increases and more users embrace it. Note that there are utility tokens with “mintable” functions meaning that its creators are able to issue more tokens at their whim much like central banks do with fiat.
6. Privacy: We're living in times where identity theft is a common practice, and this is one of the bane of fiat transactions, because most often than not, the identities of both the sender and receiver are revealed; also, those who perform large transfers or payments are automatically set up to be on watch lists or go through extensive questioning from government authorities. In cryptocurrency, you do not need to share the details of your transaction with anyone.
Conclusively, the blockchain technology makes it really difficult to even contemplate interfering with the recorded transactions in the ledger; according to reports, the cost of carrying out such an exercise (if ever possible) far outweighs the benefits; truly, this is a decentralized ecosphere and it can't be manipulated to favor anyone.
It feels good to know cryptocurrency belongs to everyone because of its decentralized nature and we haven't seen the full extent of it yet!!!
Artis Turba Public Announcement 28 September 2018By Nigel & Nickey
Hello ARTIS community,
We are really excited about the launch of the Artis Turba Exchange and the implementation of the long awaited ARTIS Affiliate Reward Program (AARP) which entitle ARTIS holders to share in the fee revenue generated on the Artis Turba Exchange, this is a huge achievement for Artis Turba, our Team, our Investors and our Community. Taking into consideration the delays, we are exceptionally proud of the fact that we have now delivered on our milestone as per our Whitepaper.
According to recent independent studies only an average of 3% of ICO’s deliver on their promises. This calls for a BIG thank you to our Community for being believers and patiently supporting Artis Turba, we could not achieve this without you. We look forward to seeing our community continuously earning from the performance of the exchange.
As a promotion for a limited time only the amount of ARTIS circulating on Artis Turba Exchange and not the total supply are used to calculate AARP, at the time of writing the amount of ARTIS on the Exchange is equal to approximately 5 million, thus boosting the AARP Pay Out.
Thank you again to everyone who are here and happy trading.
Forward Together, Nigel & Nickey
BLOCKCHAIN DISRUPTION OF THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRYBy J.O. Paradise
The blockchain technology was birthed with the introduction of bitcoin in 2009 and since then there has been one wave of improvement after another in its operation and application; while it has not yet been perfected, let us see some ways it is already being impactful and why some users prefer it opposed to the traditional way of performing financial transactions today.
1. DECENTRALIZATION: This is one priceless gift the blockchain technology has given to mankind; in the traditional system of financial operations, central banks control and oversee the activities of money creation, transfers and regulations thereof, however, cryptocurrencies do not need such middlemen to record or validate transactions; with the help of smart contracts, payments can be made and accurately confirmed; time spent, fees charged and other hidden manipulative tendencies associated with middlemen interferences are eliminated; in essence blockchain is the automation of banking where you are your own bank and can decide what you want to do with your funds.
2. EQUITY: Given an internet-connected smart phone, anyone from anywhere in the world can be part of the blockchain ecosystem; it doesn't discriminate neither does it favor any set of people; it gives everyone a fair chance at being financially independent; the crypto-sphere is truly classless, everyone is a master of his own, no special considerations whatsoever.
3. JOB CREATION: According to a report by the International Labor Organization (ILO), the world's number of unemployed people last year (2017) rose to a staggering 192.7m, no wonder many have sought solace in cryptocurrencies especially those from geographical areas where the government is almost silent with respect to the development and employment of human resources.
Developers, engineers, miners, attorneys, just to mention a few, are beneficiaries of the vast employment opportunities embedded in the blockchain industry.
4. REMUNERATION: A popular slogan among crypto enthusiasts is "you can go to bed broke and become rich when you wake up"; without doubt, millionaires are being made "everyday" from the comfort of their homes; for many users, the income from cryptocurrencies has been more than just a provision for everyday survival (which is good), it has actually set them on the path of fulfilling their financial dreams and leaving a legacy for posterity; it has given those who used to earn "peanuts", an opportunity to invest in choice projects and grow their finances limitlessly.
5. FLEXIBILITY: Opening a cryptocurrency account e.g. bitcoin, is one of the simplest things in the world; with a few clicks you're all set and good to go. No need for any cumbersome verification of documents, no set of strict guidelines to abide by; no freezing of your account by any governmental or central agency; you can send money at any time of the day or year; how nice!!!!
One question remains though:
Will the blockchain technology completely supplant the traditional modus operandi of financial transactions or will they run parallel? Time will tell.
VALUE TRANSFER IN THE CRYPTO-AGEBy J.O. PARADISE - Content Manager
So far so good, money has played a pivotal role with respect to the ownership, measurement and exchange of value; and over the years, we've seen several shifts in its definition and how it is transferred in our day to day dealings due to the significant innovations brought about by technological advancements; truly, the needs of man are insatiable and evolving in nature, hence in the quest to make life easier, financial services and systems have seen tremendous upgrades.
Let's back track a little.
Do you remember how it was to send money to a friend or loved one? You needed to locate a bank, no matter how far it was, stay on the queue and wait for your turn before paying into the receiver's account; even upon that, it took one or two days, sometimes more, for the account to get credited; will today's kids ever understand this?
From there, we migrated to getting our deposits posted immediately by the bank teller, in other words, the receiver got credited within few minutes; we thought that was the best till ATMs came on board; it was now possible to make a transfer without going too far or waiting too long; from there, mobile apps came, which meant with your mobile device you could send money, no need to locate even the closest ATM; from there, USSD codes came, such that even without internet services money could still be sent; wow!!!!!
Can you imagine the amount of time saved and the convenience brought about by this new system of money transfer?
What if I told you, it could even get better with the use of cryptocurrencies?
Let’s Let us consider a few thoughts below.
Firstly, are you aware that there are people today that are limited because they have no access to the services of a bank due to one reason or the other ranging from government legislation to personal incapacities? However, with cryptocurrencies, such persons can carry out financial transactions without the usual hassles of opening and managing a bank account thereby adding value to both national and global economic growth.
Secondly, with cryptocurrencies, the world has become a global village; sending money from one end of the earth to the other is now in a matter of seconds to minutes. The time spent on the verification of international transfer requisites, which delays reception, is no longer necessary because the blockchain technology has made it possible, for money to be transferred and received, almost immediately from any part of the world.
It's a marvel how financial transactions have changed and progressed so quickly, will today's kids ever understand how they once were?
FEATURES OF A GOOD EXCHANGEBy J.O. PARADISE - Content Manager
Making the right decision regarding what flight to take is not so different from choosing the appropriate exchange to trade one's crypto assets; can you imagine finding out (while already in the air) the distasteful services an airline company has to offer? It could really be a depressing discovery, and that's why we want to elaborate on key factors about exchanges in deciding which exchange(s) to use.
It becomes very frustrating when logging into a site and it spends considerable time to load, especially in the crypto ecosphere where things can change drastically, very quickly; a good exchange makes it a top priority to ensure its general functionality is top-notch and can be accessed on several devices (including apps) because this is what users need to keep up with the fast-paced nature of the cryptocurrency market; this way, trading and transactions can be done on the go.
This is one area investors very seriously; a sensitive environment like a cryptocurrency exchange that houses millions (or even billions) of users' funds should by all means be hack-proof; this is why before launch, several tests are done to determine vulnerabilities that need to be fixed.
Do you remember the Mt Gox hack? It may be 7 years ago
ne but it seems just like yesterday due to the magnitude of the damage that was done, in fact that singular act washed away more than 89% of Bitcoin's value at the time, and that is why many exchanges today, employ the use of cold storage to keep funds safe from negative unforeseen eventualities.
High Patronage is the live-wire of any thriving business; there's no organization that can survive without a good customer base; no wonder Katherine Barchetti opined, "make a customer, not a sale", because once the customer is made, continuous sales can be guaranteed; hence, a good exchange always cares about its users and takes pragmatic steps in attending to their probing questions.
In the course of carrying out transactions, issues are bound to crop up ranging from personal to general, a good exchange always makes sure that these issues are attended to in a timely manner; in other words, exchanges that are people-friendly always end up becoming everyone's favorite.
Customers are always looking for ways to get more value for less price; to have a competitive edge in this dynamic crypto-space, good exchanges have that in mind; naturally users will flock to platforms where they pay less transaction and withdrawal fees.
Ease of use
Navigating through some exchanges is like searching for a needle in a haystack; the confusion that salutes users is sometimes unbearable; the way the functions are worded, the tab arrangement, the color combination etc all join forces to make the entire experience enjoyable; a good exchange employs a user-friendly interface that places buy/sell orders in an intuitive way.
Given options, there are exchanges that users will never want to deal with because too much time is spent waiting for their accounts to credited once a withdrawal has been effected; time is money and according to Charles Darwin, "a man who dares to waste one hour of time, has not discovered the value of life"; many times, other transactions that users want to execute are delayed because the necessary funds are yet to be delivered based on the lagging mechanism of the exchange they withdrew from.
No one likes to spend more than necessary, whether time or any other valuable resource; NO ONE!!!!
There are good exchanges like www.artisturba.com who understand the intricacies of cryptocurrency transactions and are already in the forefront of giving clients an enjoyable warm experience.